On Friday, Clara turned six months old. What?! Halfway to her first birthday?! No! Stop, time! I can hardly believe how quickly she's growing up and how much she's changing constantly. It seems like every single day she is doing something new, reaching a milestone, discovering something she's never done before. It's really awesome and fantastic and also just totally mind-blowing. I know, I know, all you other parents out there. "Get used to it. Time flies." So it does. So here's Clara's six month report.
In her sixth month, Clara....
- learned to roll over in both directions, tummy to back and back to tummy.
- learned to sit up all on her own.
- re-started solid foods and is actually consuming some this go 'round (so far, bananas, peaches, green beans, carrots, rice cereal and oatmeal).
- gained weight like a champ thanks to lots of bottles of breast milk + formula.
- continued to laugh out loud a lot, especially for her daddy.
- loved loved loved playing in her doorway bouncer and in her exersaucer.
- began taking prevacid for reflux and is therefore taking in bigger volumes of milk (see weight gain, above).
- played independently in her crib for 20-45 minutes at a time.
- started working on using a sippy cup.
- drooled. A lot.
- chewed on lots of toys.
- loved being read to.
- loved being sung to.
- began consistently taking three naps a day at fairly predictable times (ahhhh....).
- continued physical therapy and made great progress with her motor skills and torticollis.
- pulled out a lot of hair (from Mama and Sweet Mama's heads and Daddy's chest).
- got a huge kick out of looking at herself in the mirror.
- stayed in a hotel for the first time (twice).
- went to her first birthday party (Happy Birthday, Ava!).
- went to her first wedding.
- stayed in the church nursery for the first time.
- slept through the night (it's happened! Although not consistently, thanks to the need for feeds...).
- enjoyed play dates with Chloe.
- took walks in the stroller.
- visited Elberton, GA for the first time.
- outgrew her three month clothes.
- discovered her puppy, Rufus, and became very interested in him.
Clara, six months old:
We love you, Clara.