On Friday, Clara turned six months old. What?! Halfway to her first birthday?! No! Stop, time! I can hardly believe how quickly she's growing up and how much she's changing constantly. It seems like every single day she is doing something new, reaching a milestone, discovering something she's never done before. It's really awesome and fantastic and also just totally mind-blowing. I know, I know, all you other parents out there. "Get used to it. Time flies." So it does. So here's Clara's six month report.
In her sixth month, Clara....
- learned to roll over in both directions, tummy to back and back to tummy.
- learned to sit up all on her own.
- re-started solid foods and is actually consuming some this go 'round (so far, bananas, peaches, green beans, carrots, rice cereal and oatmeal).
- gained weight like a champ thanks to lots of bottles of breast milk + formula.
- continued to laugh out loud a lot, especially for her daddy.
- loved loved loved playing in her doorway bouncer and in her exersaucer.
- began taking prevacid for reflux and is therefore taking in bigger volumes of milk (see weight gain, above).
- played independently in her crib for 20-45 minutes at a time.
- started working on using a sippy cup.
- drooled. A lot.
- chewed on lots of toys.
- loved being read to.
- loved being sung to.
- began consistently taking three naps a day at fairly predictable times (ahhhh....).
- continued physical therapy and made great progress with her motor skills and torticollis.
- pulled out a lot of hair (from Mama and Sweet Mama's heads and Daddy's chest).
- got a huge kick out of looking at herself in the mirror.
- stayed in a hotel for the first time (twice).
- went to her first birthday party (Happy Birthday, Ava!).
- went to her first wedding.
- stayed in the church nursery for the first time.
- slept through the night (it's happened! Although not consistently, thanks to the need for feeds...).
- enjoyed play dates with Chloe.
- took walks in the stroller.
- visited Elberton, GA for the first time.
- outgrew her three month clothes.
- discovered her puppy, Rufus, and became very interested in him.
Clara, six months old:
We love you, Clara.
Thanks for continuing to share Clara with us! Glad to hear the prevacid is helping; my youngest took prepulsid (it's off the market now). I will start praying about the reflux. With love from Elberton, Mary Ann & ChuckReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing Clara with us.I enjoy reading about all the progress she has made.It is so hard to believe she will be 6 months old already.I love to look at her new pictures.She has the most beauitful smile.I get teary eyed eveytime I read your blog.Clara is a very special little girl who is loved so much by her family and the thousands of people she will never meet.I will continue to pray for all of you.God Bless! Again Thank you! With love from Latrobe,PAReplyDelete
Love the picture with her tongue out. What a cutie she is. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Oh, Miss Clara Mae.... you are growing up so fast and how thrilled we are to travel through the days with you .... thanks to your sweet mom and her love for sharing you with us.ReplyDelete
Happy Half Birthday big girl!ReplyDelete
I love these pictures, thank you for continuing to share her progress with us. She looks like a princess in her dress. Who would have thought 6 months ago she'd be looking this good. Your faith in GOD has been an inspiration ! Little girls are so special, I have 5 grandaughters of my own and they are the light of my life. Can only imagine how Sweet Mama feels !!ReplyDelete